Important Note to Parents
We understand how important your child's privacy is to you. That's why we want you to know our privacy practices with respect to children's personal information and the steps we take to help ensure this information remains secure.
AOL usernames provide access to e-mail, instant messenger, and other interactive features that enable your child to disclose personal information. Depending on how your child uses AOL's Services, we also may collect, for example:
- registration-related information (such as name, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, birth date, or gender);
- photos, videos, and audio recordings that your child posts online;
- information about the AOL Services that your child uses, how frequently they are used; and responses to the offerings and advertisements presented on AOL or other features made available by AOL, including those available on third party websites;
- information about searches performed through AOL Services and how the results of those searches are used;
- customer service information;
- location data and other information about devices used to access and interact with AOL;
- technical information, such as browser or operating system, your child's manner of connecting to the Internet (including the type of device used) and the name of your Internet service provider or wireless carrier; and Internet protocol (IP) address.
If you do not provide consent, we will not permit an AOL username to be created for your child and will not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from your child.